Here we are at the eight month mark! Every month for a baby is significant, but this last one seems markedly so. Little Ellie has grown and changed and gone and done. We have been all over the place as a family and she is one little trooper! Her personality is starting to emerge! She is a happy little sweetheart that loves Mama best!
At eight months old Ellie:
- has grown! She weighed in at 16.5 lbs and measured in at 25 and 1/4 inches.
- eats a lot! Ellie LOVES baby food and eats almost everything I feed her. The only limit to her eating is her sensitive stomach so each food we try is still a learning curve. She even will eat peas (something she rejected a month ago) if they are mixed in with something else. She goes wild for butternut squash and applesauce. She is also slowly trying out finger foods. She likes various Gerber baby snacks, Cheerios, and veggie chips. We are still successfully breastfeeding and having one bottle before bed.
- sleeps nearly the same. Some nights she wakes up a few times, sometimes she doesn't. The only difference is we have shed the swaddle blanket and it is getting harder to sneak out of the room after I put her down.
- got another tooth. She now has both of her bottom middle teeth.
- is working on her moves! Ellie has started trying to scoot to get to things she's interested in, so I imagine it won't be long before she is up and crawling. She also loves it when we hold her in a standing position.
- has a lot more to say! Ellie now seems to make sounds just to hear herself and has added "bababababa" and "mamamama" to her vocabulary.
- has traveled! In the last month she has been to the Frio River, Houston, Corpus Christi, New Orleans, and Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.
|Hanging out in Houston.|
|At Ma-Mas and Pa-Pa's house.|
|Ellie on a boat! |
While on vacation, our friends were amazed at how good she was!
|Beach baby mohawk!|