One month ago yesterday, Ellie entered the world and completed our family! We think she is just the sweetest and we all adore her. Cooper especially adores her and is constantly asking to hold her, kiss her, hug her and just watch her. At one month of age, Ellie:
|Taking a rest at the ranch.|
- weighs between 9.5 and 10 pounds (I don't have a scale small enough for a newborn) and is 22 inches long.
- breastfeeds roughly every 3 hours during the day and roughly 3 to 6 hours at night. Hiccups usually accompany a feed.
- can sleep 5 to 6 hours at a time though we have intervals at night that are only 3 or 4 hours. She can nap for an hour and a half at a time during the day. She has a touch of reflux so she is sleeping in her bouncy seat for now, as laying flat can hurt her tummy.
- is starting to make new sounds other than crying, though she rarely cries or fusses at all. She can grunt, gurgle, and say "ah."
- can sit in her swing or bouncy seat for 20 minutes or more and likes to lay on her playmat and watch the bright colors and animals on it. She also likes the rainforest soother in her crib.
- has traveled to the lake house and the ranch and enjoyed visits from Nonnie, Ma-Mas, and our friends the Naisers and Bateys. Both families have new babies right around Ellie's age...lifelong friends in the making!
|Big stretch from a little girl!|