Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tummy Time Reconsidered





All the baby books these days stress the importance of "tummy time" for a baby's development. I always hated having to put Cooper on his tummy because he seemed to hate it. I'd lay him down on his tummy and about 10 seconds later, he was screaming to get up. As a new mom, I worried I was doing him a terrible disservice by not doing enough tummy time. My fears subsided, however, when he rolled from his back to his tummy. Now Cooper willingly does his own tummy time. If he doesn't first find his feet and grab on, he immediately rolls to his tummy. (I don't have a good picture of him on his tummy yet.) We get a kick out of watching him roll, push up, then catch us watching him and flash us a half-toothed grin. (I say half-toothed, because that is exactly what he has. One tooth is poking through on his upper gum.)

1 comment:

Mikalah said...

Super cute! Love the sunglasses pics!