Saturday, December 6, 2008

Two Months Old!

On Thursday Cooper officially turned two months old! With this milestone came a few tears, since he had to get his first round of shots yesterday. When he got his first shot, I got to hear a cry that I have never heard before, and I cried a little too. Lucky for me, he didn't cry for long, and slept off his discomfort for most of the day. He is feeling much better this morning, flashing his bouncy seat toys some gummy little grins. At the doctor's office yesterday we also got to find out how much he has grown...A LOT! When Cooper was two weeks old, he weighed 7 lbs, 13 oz and was in the 25th percentile for his weight and height. At two months old, he weighs 12 lbs, 13 oz and is in the 75th percentile! Wow! We are enjoying other changes in our growing boy. We are finally beginning to fall into a loose routine, as he not only has stretched how long he can go between feedings and how long he sleeps, but now he is learning how to soothe himself to sleep. The last few nights have been somewhat of an experiment...I have put him down in his bed for the night while he was sleepy, but not asleep. Each time I was able to lull him to sleep while not in my arms. Early the next morning, he woke up and entertained himself for nearly an hour without crying to be picked up or to eat. While it makes me a little sad that he is growing and changing so fast, I am pleased that he is beginning to take on some independence and give us a glimpse of his personality.

No comments: