- He can speak in full, articulate sentences.
- He has recognized his ability to be funny and intentionally makes us laugh everyday.
- He loves school! He actively participates in school, when last year he was mostly too shy and kind of did his own thing. He also has lots of friends at school and talks about them at home all the time. His teacher tells me he is quite the social butterfly.
- He knows all his letters and numbers (1-20) by sight and is starting to grasp the concept of what they mean.
- Cooper sings! Around this time last year he would just ask us to sing his favorite songs.
- He has memorized lots of his books and will "read" them to you. He enjoys going to the library or bookstore and picking out his own books.
- Cooper still very much enjoys his collection of Thomas the Train toys, books, and movies. It is amazing to me that he honestly knows over 100 different characters. We were in Toys-R-Us the other day and I pulled several new train characters off the shelf that I had never heard of and we didn't have at home or at Grandma's...he could tell me who they all were.
- He is a great big brother! Coop does get irritated with Penny when she messes up whatever he is playing with, but he told her just this morning, "I love Penny!"
- While I would still consider him to be a somewhat picky eater, he has opened his mind to trying lots of new things. We are most amused that his favorite food is rib-eye steak.
- Cooper is potty-trained! Most of the time I don't even have to ask/remind him to go potty...he is already in there flushing by the time I realize he has to go!
For Cooper's birthday this year, we opted for a family dinner at home. Ma-mas, Pa-Pa, and Libby came bearing gifts for grilled pork chops and birthday cake. Cooper had a great time helping make the cake and icing, though I decorated it while he napped. Cooper loved his cake, mostly because it had a Thomas the Train ensemble on it, and liked his presents. Penny had to help him open his presents because he got so involved with the first gift, he didn't want to stop playing to open the rest! He received some Mega Blocks Thomas building sets, a miniature train set, an ant farm, kids' binoculars, books, and some shirts. Overall it was a great birthday!
|So excited about these Thomas sets, we had to coax him to keep opening gifts!|
|Pa-Pa and Coop playing with his mini train set.|
|Coop's and Mom's creation.|